Blandford Forum Town Council’s budget for the financial year 2020–2021 is £801,180, which is an increase of 1.11% from 2019-2020, a total of £227.13 per band D property.
The Town Council is obliged to publish all expenditure over £500 and contracts over £5,000 and will do so on a regular basis.
If the information you are looking for does not appear on the reports published online, then please do not hesitate to contact us.
The link below will open a document containing a statement of the income and expenditure of the Town Council. Please note that the financial year runs from the 1st April to the 31st March.
Annual Governance and Accountability Return
The link below will open a document showing a brief overview of the accounts for the Town Council in a format that is supplied to the external audit
- Notice of conclusion of audit 2020
- Annual Governance Statement 2018 2019
- Annual Governance Statement 2019 2020
Annual Budget Summary
The link below will open a document where you will find a summary of the Town Councils budget for this financial year. Please note that the financial year runs from the 1st April to the 31st March.
Examples of the types of expenditure in 2019 are listed below. Ongoing running costs for office and grounds staff to carry out their work have not been listed however specific information can be provided on request.
Examples of 2020-21 Expenditure so far:
- Arranged VE Day, VJ Day and Remembrance Sunday events for the public to celebrate at home using the Town Council’s social media platforms and newsletter.
- Refurbished the Town Pump
- Introduced public art at Persimmon Homes development, Badbury Heights
- Introduced public access to the railway arches
- Worked in partnership with the Blandford Group Practice and volunteers to introduce a community fridge to Blandford
- Provided Census support for residents
- Subsidised free parking during December
- Sponsored the annual Christmas Window Competition
- Extended the Christmas lighting scheme to include Woodhouse Gardens
- Street markets and indoor/outdoor Craft Markets held throughout the year.
- Working with the Town Team, stakeholders and local residents to carry out a town centre recovery survey and a working group focussed on the Market Area Enhancement project, which is work in progress
- Offered assistance to local residents during the Coronavirus pandemic
- Started work on demolition of the toilet block at Park Rd Recreation Ground, extension of the car park and the introduction of Electric Vehicle Charging Points
- Worked with Wessex Water to introduce a water point for bottle refills in the Market Place
- Blandford+ Neighbourhood Plan is at the last stage, waiting for a Referendum date
Residents are invited to discuss suggestions for the budget at any point throughout the year, but a full consultation takes place in September at the Community Expo in the Corn Exchange, which is fully advertised to all. Please let us know what you think about the budget and if you have any suggestions.