Annual Governance and Accountability Return
Notice of Public Rights and Publication of Unaudited Annual Governance and Accountability Return
The Town Council’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with the Notice of public rights. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the 2020-2021 financial year and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31st March 2021, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Linda Scott-Giles, Town Clerk, Blandford Forum Town Council, Church Lane, Blandford Forum, Dorset DT11 7AD – Tel: 01258 454500 – Email: email@example.com commencing on Monday 28th June 2021 and ending on Friday 6th August 2021.
Please click on the following files to access the information regarding the 2020/21 unaudited annual accounts of the Town Council:
- Notice of public rights
- Summary of public rights notice
- Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) – including Section 1 and Section 2 and the Annual Internal Audit Return
- Annual Accounts 2020-2021 (approved by Councillors at the full Council meeting held on Monday 21st June 2021)
The Town Council’s Internal Auditor is:
Darkin Miller Limited
24e Deverel Road
The Town Council’s External Auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team firstname.lastname@example.org)
15 Westferry Circus
Canary Wharfharlton Down
London E14 4HD
The Town Council is obliged to publish all expenditure over £500 and contracts over £5,000 and this is updated on a monthly basis.
The link below will open a document containing a statement of the income and expenditure of the Town Council. Please note that the financial year runs from the 1st April to the 31st March.
The link below will open a document showing a brief overview of the accounts for the Town Council in a format that is supplied to the external auditor.
- Notice of conclusion of audit 2020
- Annual Governance Statement 2019 2020
- Annual Governance Statement 2018 2019
Annual Budget Summary
The link below will open a document where you will find a summary of the Town Councils budget for this financial year. Please note that the financial year runs from the 1st April to the 31st March.
Precept (council tax) and Budget Consultation
Blandford Forum Town Council’s budget for the financial year 2021–2022 is £792,183, which is a decrease of -0.48% from 2020-2021, a total of £226.04 per band D property.
Examples of 2020-21 expenditure (ongoing running costs for office and grounds staff to carry out their work have not been listed however specific information can be provided on request):
- Arranged VE Day, VJ Day and Remembrance Sunday events for the public to celebrate at home using the Town Council’s social media platforms and newsletter.
- Refurbished the Town Pump
- Introduced public art at Persimmon Homes development, Badbury Heights
- Introduced public access to the railway arches
- Worked in partnership with the Blandford Group Practice and volunteers to introduce a community fridge to Blandford
- Provided Census support for residents
- Subsidised free parking during December
- Sponsored the annual Christmas Window Competition
- Extended the Christmas lighting scheme to include Woodhouse Gardens
- Street markets and indoor/outdoor Craft Markets held throughout the year.
- Working with the Town Team, stakeholders and local residents to carry out a town centre recovery survey and a working group focussed on the Market Area Enhancement project, which is work in progress
- Offered assistance to local residents during the Coronavirus pandemic
- Started work on demolition of the toilet block at Park Rd Recreation Ground, extension of the car park and the introduction of Electric Vehicle Charging Points
- Worked with Wessex Water to introduce a water point for bottle refills in the Market Place
- Blandford+ Neighbourhood Plan is at the last stage
Residents are invited to discuss suggestions for the budget at any point throughout the year, but a full consultation takes place in September at the Community Expo in the Corn Exchange, which is fully advertised to all.
Please let us know what you think about the budget and if you have any suggestions.
If the information you are looking for does not appear on the reports published online, then please do not hesitate to contact us.