Blandford Forum Town Council’s budget for the financial year 2017–2018 is £703,891, which is an increase of 6.10% from 2016-2017, a total of £205.77 per band D property.
The Town Council is obliged to publish all expenditure over £500 and contracts over £5,000 and will do so on a regular basis.
If the information you are looking for does not appear on the reports published online, then please do not hesitate to contact us.
Examples of the types of expenditure in 2016 are listed below. Ongoing running costs for office and grounds staff to carry out their work have not been listed however specific information can be provided on request.
Examples of 2016 Expenditure
- Became the first council in Dorset to achieve Quality Gold status in the Local Council Award Scheme.
- Military Freedom Parade for The Rifles Regiment.
- Installation of the bird sculpture within the centrepiece of the new cemetery extension.
- Listing of the cemetery wall by Historic England.
- Taking on the markets from North Dorset District Council and recruiting a Market Manager.
- Organised community events – the Christmas pantomime and school holiday activities for children.
- Health & Wellbeing Expo held in June and Community Expo held in September to help groups promote themselves.
- Successful Queen’s 90th Birthday celebrations held in the Town.
- Joint working to produce new information boards for Somerset & Dorset Railway Trust introduced at the beginning of the Trailway and on Wimborne Road. The Town Council will now take on responsibility for these boards.
- Renewal of the road markings at Park Road and Woodhouse Gardens.
- New tables and chairs were purchased for Woodhouse Gardens, as well as new flooring.
- Installation of a new tango swing seat at Larksmead Play Area where parents and babies/toddlers can face each other.
- Extension of the Town Council Offices to provide an additional office due to overcrowding.
- New Union and St George’s Day flags were purchased for display from the Corn Exchange.
- Adoption of a Dementia Action Plan and the start of works to introduce a sensory garden at Woodhouse Gardens.
- Subsidised free Christmas parking and held the annual Christmas Window Competition.
- Ongoing grants budget of £20,000.
- Insurance costs of £15,995.10.
- Leisure Centre contribution of £50,000.
Do you have any suggestions for the 2018-2019 budget? Please let us know what you think.
The Old Bath House
The Old Bath House (fronts onto Church Walk behind the Parish Church and between the Old Bank House and The Old Rectory) is currently not being used. The Town Council is currently working on a project to convert this empty space into a holiday let. Do you support the change of use of this unused empty building into a holiday let? Please let us know what you think.
The link below will open a document containing a statement of the income and expenditure of the Town Council. Please note that the financial year runs from the 1st April to the 31st March.
Annual Audit Return
The link below will open a document showing a brief overview of the accounts for the Town Council in a format that is supplied to the external auditor.
Annual Budget Summary
The link below will open a document where you will find a summary of the Town Councils budget for this financial year. Please note that the financial year runs from the 1st April to the 31st March.