Please use the links below to find out more about the Town Council’s finances.
The Town Council is obliged to publish all expenditure over £500 and contracts over £5,000 and this is updated on a monthly basis.
The links below will open the documents containing the Annual Accounts for the last five years, including a statement of the income and expenditure of the Town Council. Please note that the financial year runs from 1st April to 31st March.
Annual Governance and Accountability Return
Please click on the following links to access the information regarding the 2021-22 audited accounts of the Town Council in a format that is supplied to the external auditor:
- Notice of Conclusion of Audit
- Post Closure Letter detailing the amendment to the External Auditor Report and Certificate
The Town Council’s Internal Auditor is:
Darkin Miller Limited
24e Deverel Road
The Town Council’s External Auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP
15 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
(Ref: SBA Team firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Notice of conclusion of audit 2021
- Annual Governance Statement Section 1 and 2 2020- 21
- Annual Governance Statement Section 3 2020- 21
Precept (council tax) and Budget Consultation
Blandford Forum Town Council’s budget for the financial year 2022–23 is £803,241, which is a total of £227.13 per band D property. Please click on the link to view the Budget 22-23 Summary.
Examples of 2021-22 expenditure (ongoing running costs for office and grounds staff to carry out their work have not been listed however specific information can be provided on request):
- The Neighbourhood Plan Version 2 has been made and is now being referred to when deciding on Planning applications.
- Continued engagement with the public through social media and newsletters.
- Arranging free parking in Dorset Council car parks on various days throughout the year to benefit the local community, shops and businesses.
- Organisation of Remembrance events for 2021, including the rededication of the war memorials.
- Lobby glazing in the Corn Exchange has been replaced.
- Town Hall façade lighting has been installed and is lighting up the Corn Exchange every evening.
- Free summer holiday events returned, the Skate Fest in Blandford Skate Park and Jamie Jigsaw in Woodhouse Gardens.
- Sale of the Old Bath House has been finalised.
- A table tennis table has been installed at Larksmead Recreation Ground.
- Expenditure has been approved for replacement play equipment at Larksmead play area.
- Expenditure has been approved for replacement equipment and ramp surfaces at the Blandford Skate Park.
- Rent relief extended to the sports clubs during the pandemic.
- Grants and SLAs totalling £29,000 paid to local organisations including Treads, Tourist Information and Blandford museums.
- The community fridge is now in operation, which will help to reduce food waste.
- Ongoing work with Persimmon Homes to complete transfer of Phase 3a and Phase 3b at Badbury Heights so that play areas can be installed and maintenance can be carried out by the town council.
- Application submitted for reaccreditation of the Quality Gold council award scheme.
- Working with Dorset Council to extend the lease to the skate park land so improvements can be made to the equipment.
- Consultants appointed to work on the realisation of the Town Hall/Corn Exchange project.
Residents are invited to discuss suggestions for the budget at any point throughout the year, but a full consultation takes place in September at the Community Expo in the Corn Exchange, which is fully advertised to all.
Please let us know what you think about the budget and if you have any suggestions.
If the information you are looking for does not appear on the reports published online, then please do not hesitate to contact us.