Blandford Forum Town Council’s budget for the financial year 2020–2021 is £801,180, which is an increase of 1.11% from 2019-2020, a total of £227.13 per band D property.
The Town Council is obliged to publish all expenditure over £500 and contracts over £5,000 and will do so on a regular basis.
If the information you are looking for does not appear on the reports published online, then please do not hesitate to contact us.
The link below will open a document containing a statement of the income and expenditure of the Town Council. Please note that the financial year runs from the 1st April to the 31st March.
Annual Governance and Accountability Return
The link below will open a document showing a brief overview of the accounts for the Town Council in a format that is supplied to the external audit
- Notice of conclusion of audit
- Annual Governance Statement 2018-19
- Notice of Public Rights
- Un-audited Annual Governance Statement 2019 2020
Annual Budget Summary
The link below will open a document where you will find a summary of the Town Councils budget for this financial year. Please note that the financial year runs from the 1st April to the 31st March.
Examples of the types of expenditure in 2019 are listed below. Ongoing running costs for office and grounds staff to carry out their work have not been listed however specific information can be provided on request.
Examples of 2019-20 Expenditure
- Extended Woodhouse Gardens Pavilion to create new toilet facilities and a bigger kitchen
- Organised events – Skate Fest, Jamie Jigsaw summer event, Blandford Stour Valley Band performances, A Christmas Carol with great-great-grandson of Charles Dickens, Gerald Dickens, family Christmas show, Medieval Moot and an evening with Kate Adie
- Community Expo held in September to help groups promote themselves.
- Subsidised free parking throughout the year as well as Christmas parking and held the annual Christmas Window Competition.
- Installation of further new Christmas Lights.
- Purchase of new hot water boilers which in turn sponsored the build of fresh drinking water wells in areas in Africa where it is needed the most, like schools and villages
- Cleaning of public conveniences at £8,049.
- Grants and SLAs totalling £29,000 paid to local organisations including Blandford Youth & Community Centre, Treads, Tourist Information, Blandford museums etc.
- Insurance costs of £14,150
Do you have any suggestions for the 2021-2022 budget? Please let us know what you think.