Blandford Forum Town Council’s budget for the financial year 2018–2019 is £757,881, which is an increase of 6.81% from 2017-2018, a total of £219.79 per band D property.
The Town Council is obliged to publish all expenditure over £500 and contracts over £5,000 and will do so on a regular basis.
If the information you are looking for does not appear on the reports published online, then please do not hesitate to contact us.
Examples of the types of expenditure in 2017 are listed below. Ongoing running costs for office and grounds staff to carry out their work have not been listed however specific information can be provided on request.
Examples of 2017 Expenditure
- Town Hall façade improvments
- Works to repair the Corn Exchange stage roof and replacement of damaged radiator grills.
- Application costs for permission of Cemetery Wall repairs after listing of the cemetery wall by Historic England.
- Organised community events – the Christmas pantomime and school holiday activities for children.
- Health & Wellbeing Expo held in June and Community Expo held in September to help groups promote themselves.
- Works on the sensory garden at Woodhouse Gardens.
- Subsidised free Christmas parking and held the annual Christmas Window Competition.
- Cleaning of public conveniences at £7,439.96.
- Ongoing grants budget of £20,000 and Service Level Agreements with local service providers e.g. Blandford Youth Community Centre.
- Insurance costs of £15,995.10.
- Contribution of £40,000 to four ANPR cameras for the town.
- Leisure Centre contribution of £50,000.
Do you have any suggestions for the 2019-2020 budget? Please let us know what you think.
The Old Bath House
The Old Bath House (fronts onto Church Walk behind the Parish Church and between the Old Bank House and The Old Rectory) is currently not being used. The Town Council is currently working on a project to convert this empty space into a holiday let. Do you support the change of use of this unused empty building into a holiday let? Please let us know what you think.
The link below will open a document containing a statement of the income and expenditure of the Town Council. Please note that the financial year runs from the 1st April to the 31st March.
Annual Governance and Accountability Return
The link below will open a document showing a brief overview of the accounts for the Town Council in a format that is supplied to the external audit
Annual Budget Summary
The link below will open a document where you will find a summary of the Town Councils budget for this financial year. Please note that the financial year runs from the 1st April to the 31st March.